Primary Chalkboard: February Writing Fun

February Writing Fun

Aloha friends!  It's Corinna from Surfin' Through Second.


Can you believe next week is already Valentine's Day?  I am excited that we have the whole week to work on a Valentine theme and that it lands on a Friday!!  Since I do Daily 5 rotations I like to add some fun to our writing area for each holiday.


I store our writing folders, lots of different paper, prompts and message books.  I was digging around in my Valentine folder and only found a few items for this month.


A writing template that came from Carson Dellosa and some heart shaped lined paper.  I guess it's time to update for this year.

One thing my kids love doing during writing time is to write bucket fillers.  They look forward to reading them at the end of each week.  It's fun for them to sneak them into the buckets during the week.



I made some cute "Love Notes" for this coming week.


I also created some writing templates so they could make some Valentine notes for family and friends.


Just click on either of the pictures to grab these freebies in Google Docs.

If you need some more writing ideas check out this post from Leslie over at First Grade and Flip Flops.  She has a cute persuasive writing activity.



Leigh from the Applicious Teacher has a fun activity for writing about "The Sweetest Thing".


Laura from Peace, Love and First Grade has these fantastic Vocabulary Books.


Latoya from Flying Into First has these adorable February Writing Prompts.


Just click on any of the pictures to check out these posts and items.

I hope you are able to use some of these "love"ly ideas to add to your February writing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these great ideas!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I appreciate you sharing the papers! I'd love to hear more about your message books. Are they like class journals?

    ~Erin
    Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

    ReplyDelete